I think that Chocolate Box must have lost their course. I have gone in there frequently to buy a lot of local chocolatiers products. And when I go in there now I see the selection of local stuff being drowned out by the same stuff I can buy at Whole Foods or QFC! The thing that made this place cool was that I could get stuff from Fiori, Oh and Theo that wasn't available all over the place. It looks like they are replacing them with Vosges and other chocolates readily available at Whole Foods and QFC. Chocolate Box used to have a boutique feel, which means space, displays, care and attention to details. Now everything is jammed in everywhere to fill up the shelves much like a grocery store. It's too bad, they had a great concept but it's probably still fun for tourists though locals will opt for free parking at any Whole Foods, QFC or Fred Meyer.... if they are just going to sell the same stuff there's not much reason to spend $ on parking .
Pros: they used to be a really cool place to go
Cons: now I'll just go to Whole Foods, its all the same stuff...
more