Hi,||[]||[]I saw the previous review about the user who spend over $300 dollars.. I spend over $3000 dollars three times as much as I actually paid for my car. I have a 1992 BMW 325I and took it to the shop on the advise of a friend. I live in Spring, Texas and the shop is 1 hour away from me. My car had multiple problems the main one being the car would rev up and jump into gear randomly. I didn't think it was the transmission, but I didn't know what it could be. Well I dropped it off over their and met Don the manager who seemed really nice and friendly. A couple of days he called me back and quote me a price of $5000 dollars!!! to fix my car completely. I almost flipped. I told him to fix just what was needed, he told me the rack and pinion needed replacing the transmission, which i thought was odd, cause I didn't think it was that and some other things like an alignment. Well he quoted me something like $2600 for the transmission only. I bought and sent him a transmission trying to save money and he installed it only to later call me and say it wasn't the transmission but the torque converter!!!! so I blew money on a transmission I didn't need. he did cover the install and part expense of the torque converter. So I come by and pickup my car with my friend to drive my car home. I get about a mile before my car starts smoking everywhere from the engine and the exhaust, the car was supposed to get an alignment but when i let go of the wheel i shot to the right immediately. I pulled over and opened the hood and transmission fluid was ozzing out. apparently no one test drove the car at all or bothered to put the transmission plug into the transmission or actually do an aligment, plus my car blew a gasket. Read Part two for the Rest of my story.
more