JavaScript is not enabled.
I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE FOR YOU HORSE OR FOR YOU - Review by citysearch c | J & A Ranch

J & A Ranch

Claim

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PLACE FOR YOU HORSE OR FOR YOU 2/3/2009

There is no way of knowing how a bording place is until you get there until now, I think that this is a great way for people to really get an understanding of how these people operate. I was shocked at the idea that people really like this place. I didn't and I know others that don't too. The extra grain is kept in the tack room where critters can get to it. Not all of it is kept in bins with lids. I had critter residue all in my tack and horse blankets. Lord knows that they ate through the grain bags and now your horse is eating it. Gross to me, but thats not as bad as the old yellow moldy hay. The cats were always all over it. Now cat dodo. I am a firm believer in cleanliness, I shouldn't have to clean out my own horses water bucket. I also will not be told that A WHIP DOESN'T HURT A HORSE. I feel like the horse will always feel a whip when smacked. Its like prison the way they are brought in to feed. If they move the wrong way... pop! And if the owner get too drunk, your horse will only get fed if the nieghbors come to help. I didn't go there to be apart of a social group and to drink. I came to ride and spend time with my horse. I felt gossiped about all the time because I didn't join in the drinking. I enjoy a beer every now and then but they are supposed to be running a BUSINESS and I didn't think they were doing a good job. They have to keep some people happy otherwise they couldn't pay the bills! Keep that in mind too! more
Summer SALE!!!:
15% OFF all yearly plans
Use year15 at checkout. Expires 1/1/2021