JavaScript is not enabled.
AT&T Customer Care Helpline Hurts Local Store Popularity - Review by Guest | AT&T Store

AT&T Store

Claim

AT&T Customer Care Helpline Hurts Local Store Popularity 7/10/2013

Don't use AT&T if you want good customer service. I have been an ATT customer for about 15+ years. I recently agreed to a promotion that included DSL and a landline phone for a certain charge per month. After I purchased a new modem (had to pay 100+) I called the next day to confirm my monthly charges would be what I had agreed to. I called the billing dept. directly 1-877-999- 1085 and found (for the next 3 hours) that it was busy. This is what happened to me when I called the regular customer help line after that: 45 minutes (holding time plus discussion) with operator (MP409C) who could not share specifics of what I would be charged. When I asked to speak to her supervisor she transferred me to another operator (who couldn't do any more than she could. Eventually, I was cut off and had to re-call. I called again and spoke to someone who said her name was Jodi Ann Sampson. She eventually put me on with her supervisor "Monique." While waiting about 20 minutes to get on the phone with "Monique" I called again using another line. I spoke to operator C0574K. I asked to be connected directly to billing (which I explained had been "busy" for 3 hours) and she (at my direction) did call them. Eventually (by about 2:00 PM) I spoke to someone named Beth who verified my account charges. After about 4 hours on the phone, I called back to get an e-mail or verification of these charges and found that it would take 7-10 to even get that. Here I am, with simple questions about my bill and 4+ hours later finally having to wait 7-10 days for verification of the simple terms of a promotion I took advantage of. You might save a few dollars with AT&T, but the question I am asking today after about 5 hours....is it worth it? The sad part of this is that our local AT&T store relies on the AT&T call center as a critical member of their customer service team...How can our local store remain stable if the call centers are so poorly trained, and incapable of answering simple billing questions? more
Summer SALE!!!:
15% OFF all yearly plans
Use year15 at checkout. Expires 1/1/2021